Welcome to my portfolio. I am a freelance academic based in Adelaide, Kaurna Country, South Australia.
Since completing my PhD at Flinders University in 2016, I have contributed to teaching, research and supervision projects across the higher education sector.
With expertise in qualitative methodologies (particularly hermeneutic phenomenology), I have co-supervised postgraduate researchers from a diversity of fields, contributed to various educational research projects, and served as a reviewer for several international journals.
Previous roles include lecturer in Social Science at Tabor Adelaide; State Coordinator (SA) at TEAR Australia; Recreation, Arts and Cultural Development Officer at the City of West Torrens; Youth Worker at Baptist Care SA; and Music Festival Coordinator for the annual Schoolies Festival at Encounter Youth.
My current research interests include the temporal dimensions of everyday experiences in educational, community and creative practice.
- PhD, Flinders University
- Master of International and Community Development, Deakin University
- BA (Australian Studies, Sociology, Development Studies), Flinders University
Honours and awards
- Flinders University Nomination for the Australian Association for Research in Education (AARE) Ray Debus Award for Doctoral Research in Education, 2017
- Australian Postgraduate Award, 2012-2015
- Chancellors Letter of Commendation, Flinders University, 2003