I am an experienced research assistant with expertise in qualitative and participatory methods. I can assist with:
- Research design
- Funding and ethics applications
- Participant recruitment
- Literature reviews
- Conducting in-depth interviews (in-person or online)
- Facilitating focus groups (in-person or online)
- Analysis of qualitative data (proficient in data analysis software, e.g. NVivo)
- Developing recommendations for policy and practice
- Preparing manuscripts for publication in high impact journals
- Communicating findings to diverse audiences
- My research is guided by global standards of best practice in qualitative research.
- Conducting field observation and case studies
- Using action research methods such as Photovoice, Digital Storytelling, Appreciative Inquiry, walking and online methods .
- Conducting sensitive research with marginalised and vulnerable groups
I can undertake both formative and summative evaluation in the areas of education (all sectors), health, community and youth services.
For formative evaluations, I deliver:
- real-time, rapid (2-3 week turnaround) and no-frills feedback
- Feedback to help providers make adjustments to improve service delivery while a program/service is still forming and in-progress, rather than at the end of its cycle.
For summative evaluations, I deliver:
- assessments of the meaningful impacts and outcomes of programs/services from the perspectives of various stakeholder
- communications that show value to funders, stakeholders and decision-makers.
I specialise in qualitative evaluation methods (particularly interviews, focus groups and field observation).
My evaluation work has contributed to the evaluation and improvement of many education, youth, government and community activities.
I use critical tools to analyse policy, with a focus on education policy. My priority is on addressing complex policy issues, for example Indigenous education and disability support policies. I use participatory and qualitative methods to consult and collaborate with industry stakeholders, researchers, policy-makers and community groups in designing equitable policy solutions that address the underlying structural causes of social problems.
INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP COACHING
I provide group coaching (across Australia) and individual coaching sessions (online, in-person or walk-and-talk sessions in Adelaide and surrounding suburbs). This area of my work is about helping people to share and think through particular situations they have encountered in practice from multiple perspectives. The purpose is to engage people in interpretive conversations that challenge their assumptions and lead them to new understandings.
If you would like a quote for one of my services, please contact me so we can discuss your needs, goals and your budget, and from there, I can provide a written quote.
- I offer reduced rates for non-profit organisations.
- For individual coaching, I offer a free intake session, as well as sliding scale rates based on the individual’s income
- My services are not registered for GST.
- Credit card payment is available (surcharge of 2.2% applies)